Sunday, January 24, 2016
Week 3 Reading Reflection
The most surprising part of the reading to me was when the author discussed the dark side of entrepreneurship. Of course some entrepreneurs fail and they suffer financial distress, but I never took too much time to think about the kinds of stresses that evolve from this type of risk taking. It was mentioned that entrepreneurs risk their finances, their career, their family, their social life, and also their mental well being. I found it interesting and surprising that there is a big psychic risk involved and "type A" people are more likely to get heart disease. I found the sources of stress section a little confusing. It mentioned the aggravation entrepreneurs have towards some of the situations their put into, but another section stressed the tendency for entrepreneurs to be overly and unrealistically optimistic. If I were to ask the author, I would ask for what kind of psychic problems entrepreneurs would encounter after a loss of profits or financial well being. I would want to know some real life examples of entrepreneurs who failed and suffered some kind of mental breakdown. I also would find it interesting to ask about what proportion of entrepreneurs are "type A" vs "type B." The author described entrepreneurs as mostly "Type A" people, but are there many type B entrepreneurs, and how do they differ in their business types? In this particular chapter I did not disagree with anything the author wrote, I do not know enough about the ethics of entrepreneurship or the psychology behind it to disagree with anything that was written.
Labels:
Week 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment