Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 4 Reading Reflection

The most interesting/surprising part of the reading for me was the section on innovation and what sides of the brain propel different aspects.  I thought the quote from Thomas Edison was especially interesting; "Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration." Some of the authors misconceptions that were written about were a little confusing.. Although I agree that some aspects of innovation are unpredictable such as who may introduce it, I think most aspects of the new technologies and business ideas are expected by society.  Most innovation is improvements made to technology and machines such as cars and mobile devices.  Other forms of innovation are the improvements made to machines, businesses or processes that make them more profitable or efficient.  I think a lot of these changes are expected by the majority of people, so it isn't quite as unexpected or unpredictable as the book claims. I think I disagree with the statement that technology is not the driving force for innovation.  I think that even if it hasn't always been, it is becoming that way today.  I think technology is so prominent in making processes, companies, and devices better and more efficient that it is the driving force behind most forms of entrepreneurship and innovation. If I were to ask the author a question, I would want the author to delve farther into the concept of right brain and left brain and give examples about how each side of the brain effects work and innovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment