Sunday, February 14, 2016

Customer Interviews No. 3

I wrote out a paragraph description of the SafeCard product, and asked my interviewees to read the paragraph.  Then I asked them what their reaction was.  Four of my interviewees liked the product a lot and said they would use it because it is applicable to their lives.  One of the interviewees was confused about what the product was, and didn't see how it would help her find her wallet.  I think she did not read the paragraph carefully enough, or my description wasn't clear that the device was a tracker.  In her response, she seemed to think that the device was just a fake credit card, with no real purpose.  If I was to do this again, I would write a different description of the product that would focus more on the fact that the card is a tracker, and less on the fact that the tracker resembles a credit card.  I was not clear enough in my description.  Similar to the previous round of interviews, I got a positive reaction to the product, and it was better to ask "What is your reaction?" because it is not a "yes/no" question.  During the first round of interviews, I got a lot of yes/no answers from my interviewees, and it was hard to analyze their reactions from that. This time around, interviewees had to answer in complete sentences, so it was interesting to see how they justified their responses. During the interviews, I was a little surprised that my product description was not clear enough, but I was not surprised by the reactions of most of my interviewees. 




4 comments:

  1. Hey Cassie, I am interested to hear more about the specifics of your product like how much it would cost and what the tracking device would be like. Your idea definitely seems like something that could be popular in today's society because a lot of things are beginning to have similar tracking technology in phones, keys, and dog collars; it only makes sense to transition it to wallets. Similar to your interviews, I had most of the people on board with my idea of customizing clothes but unlike you I still was getting yes/no answers to the reaction question. If you want to see my interviews check them out here: http://dbaltar.blogspot.com/2016/02/customers-interviews-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is a really interesting product idea! There is this thing called Tile you can put it in your wallet and it will let you keep track of it from your phone. My product is a lot like yours, I am working on a bracelet that helps parents track their young children as a good alternative to leashes or constant hand holding.

    I didn’t do this specific post, but here is a link to my blog if you want to check it out! http://ent3003blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a tracker in your wallet would help out a lot of people. I have chain that connects my wallet to whatever I'm wearing so I don't feel as if I'll lose mine as often but I would probably still get the product because I definitely would not want to lose my wallet as it stores too many personal items. I took your approach to avoid yes or no questions if they like or would use the product or not because it wouldn't provide much input and asked them advantages and disadvantages of my idea. If you would like to see my blog post, here's my link: http://thisisnotawkward.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interviews-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would absolutley buy your product! I have a couple different wallets and I happen to be a very disorganized person. I have so much freaking stuff, I could open my own store. Anything to make things in my life, especially my wallet, easier to find is a win in my book. I;m not 100% of the specifics of the device but it would also be great if your wallet was ever left somewhere or stolen. I have also been in this situation and lost my Social Security card along with over $300 cash. This device would really change a lot of peoples life and ability to be more organized.

    ReplyDelete