Sunday, February 7, 2016

Week 5 Reading Reflection

The biggest surprise for me in the reading was the time and money it takes to secure a patent, and that that fee only keeps the patent in place for 3 and a half years. Since it takes over 2 years to secure the patent, I would assume the patent would hold for much longer. I was also interested to learn about trade secrets and cyberlaw.  I didn't realize parts of a company such as marketing techniques, production techniques, and pricing information could be protected like patented objects. I thought the limited partnerships and the limited liability partnerships were slightly confusing, because I was unaware of these kinds of business alliances. The RULPA, which governs limited partnerships, had complicated and long guidelines. If I were to ask the author anything, I would ask which type of business, between sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability partnerships, corporations, and S Corporations have the most advantages and the least disadvantages in different types of countries with various forms of government. There is nothing in the chapter that I particularly disagree with, I do not think I know enough information about the different types of businesses to disagree with any of the advantages or disadvantages of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment