Thursday, February 25, 2016

Week 8 Reading Reflection

Angel capital was interesting for me in this chapter because I had never heard about it before.  I also thought it was surprising that the median amount for an informal investment is $700,000, because that seems like quite a lot. I was also shocked to read that theres only around 500,000 people in the United States that have over a million dollars in wealth, I assumed there would be so many more, considering our population is over 325 million people.  Venture financing was a little confusing for me, when the pool talked about if a group of people was available for venture financing, and then came up with a number of what the pooled money would amount to, I was unsure about where this number came from.  If I were to ask the author a question, I would want to know what methods he thinks is best for collecting the funds for a start up.  Or if he has started a business, how did he collect his funds and does he have any regrets?  I did not disagree with anything written in this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment