The "Cube" product on amazon, featuring a keychain, is the closest thing I can find to my product and the secure holder that I want to offer next. The cube can attach to purses, luggages, jackets, and more using the keychain. The biggest complaints about this product was the inability of the tracker device to work when bluetooth would be accidentally turned off. This product relies solely on bluetooth, which can be risky. You can press a button to allow cube to ring, vibrate, or make any kind of sound you choose, and cube also uses an app to show the location of your product. One complaint was that the device would sometimes be activated to go off, as it was easily for this button to be accidentally pressed. If I had this product, I would disguise it as something else than a simple tracker. A thief can easily recognize this as a tracker and discard it easily after stealing the item. I think the keychain aspect of this item would make a great addition to my product line, because keychains are a great way to attach an item on anything, especially the inside of a jacket, bag, or suitcase.
Sunday, March 27, 2016
Amazon Whisperer
The revenue driver that I currently have is the sale of the actual tracker device. The app that came with the tracker, as well as the website, are free to download and access, as they are an essential part of the product. To develop the product further, I would have to simply add more and better features to the tracking device. Adding sound to the device would be helpful if you lost your items in your house or car and were trying to find them in dark or cluttered places. The tracker can locate your item within a few feet, but if you were trying to find it in a very crowded place, a sound on the device could help. I would expand the tracker line to disguise itself as many different common items. A credit card would be a great disguise for a wallet, but in a luggage for example, a tracker that resembles a luggage tag would be most appropriate. The whole point of disguising the tracker is to make it more difficult for thieves to recognize and discard of. I could also expand the product line to include a holder for the device. A holder that could easily attach and detach from a coat, luggage, purse, or any other place that a customer would like to place the tracker. It would be sold separately from the tracker and would secure the tracker so it was not loosely thrown into a bag or coat pocket. The purpose of SafeCard is to feel secure, and a place for the SafeCard to sit securely, will definitely enhance the feel of the product. This will be sold separately, incase consumers want to place SafeCard in other places besides their wallet.
Labels:
Week 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think that this is a really smart and unique idea! I feel that tons of people ( including myself ) would use the product. I like how you think ahead and say that you will disguise it so that thieves wont know what it is.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to check out my blog!
http://dillondunn.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer-dillon-dunn.html
I like your tracker idea and the additional ideas you came up with to improve upon your original idea. I know there have been many times I have thought I had lost something only to find it after a great deal of effort. And you’re right the first thing someone wants to do is cancel their credit cards which is a big ordeal. I also like the idea of concealing a tracker a luggage tag. You can check out my story here: http://nicholeent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html
ReplyDelete