1. I am a Finance student at the University of Florida. My talents are organizational skills, people skills, and customer service. I think my experiences working in retail and in the restaurant industry have significantly developed my customer service skills, and my experience with travel and with social organizations have developed my people skills. I think I am naturally an organized person because I prefer to lead an organized and scheduled lifestyle. This business of tracking my belongings would play a huge role in my life because I love having control over my belongings at all times because I am a very organized person. I hate the feeling of not knowing where my property is, or worrying about my belongings being stolen or lost. Being able to track my wallet, or other items, would be essential for my mental well-being. I could get so much more accomplished if I did not have to worry about losing or misplacing items.
2. I am offering customers a chance to have a peace of mind while traveling or going out, and in their day to day lives. SafeCard is a tracker that will track the location of items that are not connected to the internet or network in any way. A wallet has no way to send you a location of its' whereabouts like the iphone can. Safecard is an app downloaded on your phone and on your computer that can show you the location of your wallet at all times. Simply slide this credit card look alike tracker into your wallet, and the app can track its whereabouts.
3. The demographic of my customers is quite broad. Almost everyone uses a wallet or a purse, both of which the tracker can be located. Men and women alike use wallets, and most women carry around a purse as well. Women can purchase two trackers and keep one in a purse and one in a wallet.
4. People would care to buy this product because it is like an insurance policy, which is a peace of mind. Yes, there is a possibility that these customers will not lose their wallet or their purse, but if they do, they could be losing hundreds of dollars, as well as ID's, credit cards, and precious pictures. Some purses and wallets are hundreds or thousands of dollars themselves. The Safecard is an affordable way to make sure you can always track your wallet or purse, and you can have a piece of mind, knowing that you have control over your belongings.
5. Although people can buy small trackers to put in their items, Safecard is different because it resembles a credit card, so thieves will be unaware that the wallet or purse is being tracked. Safecard is also unique because it uses an app and website to tell you where your belongings are. So even if you do not have your phone, you can access the information from the internet on any computer.
I believe these elements do fit together, because all of them touched on the importance of having control over your belongings and having a piece of mind. One aspect that is weaker than the rest is probably the demographic information. I am still unsure what demographic I would be targeting specifically, because most people do use a wallet or purse. Possibly I would be targeting a younger crowd, because they would be more prone to going out or traveling, where getting pick pocketed or intoxicated is more common. On the other hand, young people might simply pay using their cell phone, as the younger generations are more likely to utilize new technologies. I did not do the first napkin idea assignment so I am unable to analyze any feedback.
Your idea seems solid. The only worry is if you lose your wallet in the water, can the card still work? Also the technology behind your card seems interesting. Good job. Here is mine http://cristalsicard.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
ReplyDeleteCassie,
ReplyDeleteI love your passion and the idea of a card keeping track of where something is located. Many items for keys, wallets, and purses exist to keep track of where they are. How would yours be different from these products? Overall you still did a wonderful job! Read mine here
http://donovanvuf.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
I think your idea is an interesting one, the only issue I see is if the card looks like a credit card then it might be thrown away when the wallet is stolen. The same with a purse. Obviously the card would identify what it was on it so any thief would know what it was on site. However I think this is a good product for people who are prone to loosing things and might end up leaving their purse behind. How does the product send out a signal and receive it?
ReplyDeletehttp://ent3003blog.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2-week-nine.html