Sunday, March 27, 2016
Week 11 Reading Reflection
This reading touched on why it is so hard for companies to become successful, and then also why it is so hard for companies to maintain that success. The key, according to this reading, is to not just have a business strategy, but have an innovation strategy, because this is the key to successfully competing with competitors. What interested me most in the reading was the fact that most businesses do not have an innovation strategy, and that their business strategy can conflict with their innovation efforts. I thought it was a little confusing when the author mentioned how business's should not use the innovation strategies from other successful business's, but they should come up with their own. I disagree with this a little, I think it would be a good idea for start ups, and many other innovative businesses with less of a budget to use a successful business's innovation strategy, instead of spending the money to come up with their own. There are so many companies and business's these days, so finding another company that resembles your own, or a company that is in a position with their business that you would like to resemble, would be likely possible. If I were to ask the author any questions I would ask why he believes that every company should come up with their own innovation strategy.
Labels:
Week 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment