Sunday, March 13, 2016

My Secret Sauce


When I think about my qualities, I have always believed that I have a lot of common sense and persistence.  Even though my academic life might not be perfect, I think I'm very street smart, like having a good way with people and knowing how to do things and get places.  I've always had a very good sense of direction, and I've been alarmed in the past when people do not know where they are or how to get someone, as I always seem to have a good handle on where I am.  I also think I get very frustrated when other people lack what I consider to be common sense, but most of these people make up for it with success in school and classes, where I do not naturally thrive.   I think I am not afraid to try new things, and I think I am a very naturally curious and interested person.  And because I am so interested in the world, I try so many new things that in turn, make me a more interesting person.  I have a knack for getting what I want, and I will try very hard to achieve something if I set my mind to it.  When I have a goal, I am very good at making it a reality, as I believe I am a "doer."

The people who know me best are not currently in Gainesville, so I called them and recorded the phone call and uploaded them here, with their picture. 





Interview 1:  In this interview, the interviewee said I was smart, passionate, adventurous, hard working and responsible.  As a parent, I expected to say things like hard working and responsible, because I know he is very proud of me, but I was pleased to hear passionate and adventurous, as those are qualities I know I have, but not all people know of.
Interview 2: This was interesting because instead of focusing on what my qualities were specifically, she went into detail about what kind of person I was, out of two different options, and how that effects traits.   She said I was the kind of person who believe I have control over my fate, and that I can control the things that happen in my life, so instead of waiting for life to come to me, I go out and make things happen.
Interview 3: She talked about how I was mature, and very curious about aspects of life, and that I make my own assumptions and opinions on things based on experience that I've had.  She also said that these experiences that I'm always looking for and curious about, give me a great perspective on life.
Interview 4:  She mentioned how I was smart and persuasive, how when I want something I will get it, and I am good at making people do what I want them to. She also mentioned how I was motivated to be doing well.
Interview 5:  Interview 5 was a lot like interview 4, she mentioned how I am smart and a hard worker, and how I can adapt easily to situations, and try to do as well as I can in those situations.

After watching and reflecting on the interviews, I can come to the conclusion that my family and close friends really think that I am smart and that I am a hard worker, and adapt easily to situations.  I get into these situations because I am curious and adventurous, and I make my own assumptions and opinions about my experiences. I also now know that people believe that I think I can control my future, which is what makes me a doer.   Instead of waiting around for good things or great situations to happen to me, I go out and make them happen.  I think my conclusions from the interviews are extremely similar to how I see myself.  If I were to add anything to my original list, I would probably focus more on how I was a doer because I believe I have complete control over how my life turns out.  I believe I can make my own destiny, so that makes me happy as I always have hope of success.

3 comments:

  1. Cassie,
    I like how in the beginning of your blog entry you talk about how although your academic life isn't perfect you have very good street smarts. Being able to correctly identify your strengths and weaknesses is a huge ability that is very beneficial to have. Your interviews proved to be very positive overall. They talked about how you are a very hard worker that is willing to do whatever it takes to be successful. All of the traits mentioned will help you a lot in your future careers. Check out my blog when you get a chance. http://chrispate25.blogspot.com/2016/03/elevator-pitch-no-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like what Christ stated, it's good to know your strengths and weaknesses. Turning those weaknesses into strengths can be a good characteristic also. You're also very direct that about saying what ticks you off and that's similiar to me as I can be very direct which can be both good and bad. If you would like to see my post, here's the link: http://thisisnotawkward.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also not sure how having a knack for getting what you want will be what people think is a good trait to have. Some may think of it negatively and some positively.

      Delete