Sunday, April 10, 2016

Celebrating Failure

I have majorly failed twice this semester, but from both experiences I have learned a lot. One of the most memorable failures was when I got an F on the first marketing exam, when I had a date function the night before and never studied for the exam. This has single handedly ruined my grade in the class, even though I did well on the second exam and hope to do well on the final. From this instance, I immediately felt terrible about my performance and my actions that week. I knew that if I didn't drastically change my study habits in the semester then my GPA would be at risk, as well as my future. That also made me realize that a single exam or assignment that goes really wrong can have a HUGE impact on your grade, which you cannot recover. This made me realize the importance of always doing your best for the entire semester. Even though it was early in the semester and I felt like I had time to recover my grade, I was wrong. My other failure this semester was with securing an internship. Both my friends and I failed time after time again to secure paid summer finance internships. I let time pass before last minute signing up for a program that set me up with an internship in a city of my choice. I learned from this that making big decisions quickly is important, and that you cannot procrastinate on something that you do not want to tackle, it is best to get it done and get it over with. I think failure is so important so that you learn that you control your own destiny and future. I think a lot of the population is under the impression that "life" just happens to them, instead of making life happen. People need to go through failure and try again and again to succeed so that they know that they have control of their future. My accepting and embracing failure, people can learn and thrive. After taking this class I believe that I will be way more willing to take risks and start new ventures, because even the most successful entrepreneurs and business owners failed many times before they finally got it right. 

3 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people failed an exam this semester. It’s also what I used in my assignment. I’ve also had to change my study habits and how I prioritize events for our organizations.Also, I feel like I just read the conversation we had in Fats the other night haha. I’m sure you will do great on your finals and you’ll be able to finish strong.

    http://blogforclass3191.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cassie! I also did my post on learning from an academic failure. I think that it's great that you were able to overcome it and what you learned about celebrating your failure will help you not only in the rest of your schooling but in your career pursuits as well. Great post! You can check mind out here: http://katieshirley.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom always used to say: "Everyone makes mistakes, smart people learn from them." You definitely seem like you learned fromm them, which is really awesome. bad grades happen to everyone, hopefully you can recover. Here is mine: http://alexticoblog1.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html

    ReplyDelete