Sunday, April 24, 2016
Final Reflection
After reading through my entire blog, I realized how much I have done and written for this class. I think the most formative thing was the interviews with other entrepreneurs, feeling comfortable enough to reach out. I think we realized the friendliness of others and how willing other people are to help. I think another formative thing I've learned is time management and how important it is to stay on top of assignments and watch out for due dates. I would have to say that my most joyous experience was handing out dollars for the "free money" assignment. I think I'll remember that for a long time because it was very interesting. I am most proud of myself for simply doing all of the posts by their due date. I think a lot of students struggled to keep up with assignments but I think I succeeded in the challenge. At the end, I would not consider myself an entrepreneur, but that is because I have not actually tried to start my own venture of business yet. I do, however, believe I have so much more knowledge about what it takes to start a business, and I think this also contributes to why I do not consider myself an entrepreneur yet. --I know what it takes to be one. The steps and processes involved are so complex. I have definitely come closer to having an entrepreneurial mindset. For future students, make sure you keep up with the coursework. As there are no exams or quizzes, the assignments take up your entire grade and they are easy to miss. I love the 9 pm deadline time because it keeps me from staying up late to finish assignments, its great. I would also suggest to work ahead, it makes the assignments and your responses so much better, because you are not crunched for time. I think my best posts have been the ones that I've done ahead of time. To foster the mindset, just be open minded and imagine success.
Labels:
Week 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Cassie,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on this assignment! I too found that the assignments that required us to reach out to entrepreneurs were extremely formative. Receiving advice from those who have already walked in our shoes is extremely valuable. I also agree that you need to learn to manage your time accordingly and stay on top of the due dates in this class as there are so many and they approach so quickly. Overall, great job. Here's the link to my blog if you want to check it out: http://julianakrevans.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html
Cassie,
ReplyDeleteI totally agree and learned the same thing about the importance of going out, meeting people, and being comfortable talking to people. I also learned a ton about how willing other people are to helping. And even in my blog, I mentioned the importance of "Free Money" and how it was awkward, but also how it helped me break out of my shell. The suggestion you gave of staying on top of your work and getting ahead is exactly what I said. You did great on this and I definitely see you as an entrepreneur. Check out my blog post at: http://usingmediaforgodsglory.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html