My exit strategy for my venture would be to sell it in 5 years or so, right as it reaches its maturity stage. This would be a good idea for my product because it has to deal with technology, and technology and innovation is always rapidly advancing. Instead of continuing to innovate to keep my product relevant, I would rather sell it and use those funds to start another business or invest in property. I think because my business is selling a device, that could easily be outdated, it would be smart to sell it before it becomes outdated and invest in something that retains value or grows in value overtime, such as property. I think this exit strategy will influence the product because we will be growing the company to appeal to buyers, instead of focusing on innovation. We will know that we will want to sell it, so we will pay attention to the market and other technologies, and when we feel like our product could be outdone by different methods of tracking devices, we will sell it to the highest bidder.

Cassie,
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you really have a good grasp on your business venture and how it will develop over time. Your exit strategy is very smart because technology does become so outdated so quickly these days. I think the strategy you chose will probably benefit you the most financially. My exit strategy is slightly similar to yours because my business venture is an iPhone app. You can check it out here: http://amyarnoldent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html
This is a good exit strategy you got here! I would reconsider selling after 5 years if it is going well. But I do understand that the technology industry is changing every second of every day and the progressions never stop. Good luck with this business idea and make it work! check my blog out http://ufrob.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html
ReplyDelete