I thought it was interesting this week that we would jump back to chapters 3 and 4. I wonder why we were told to study these chapters in this order. I thought the most interesting part between corporate entrepreneurship, social entrepreneurship, and the global environment for entrepreneurship, was the part about how social entrepreneurship is an up and coming segment and it becoming an important aspect. I thought these sentences outlined it perfectly; "Most often, social entrepreneurs who create transformative changes combine innovative practices, a deep knowledge of their social
issue area, and cutting-edge research to achieve their goals. For entrepreneurs working in the
social realm, innovation is not a one-time event—rather, it is a lifetime pursuit." I also found interesting the information regarding the triple bottom line; economic, environmental, and social. I think its great that the environment is becoming as important to businesses as financial and social aspects. If I were to ask the author anything, I would ask if the author believes that the environmental concerns should be this important, or if it is having a negative effect on entrepreneurship. Are some business owners afraid to pursue a new product or machinery out of fear that the public will react negatively out of environmental or ethical concerns? If there were none of these concerns, such as animal testing or pollution, would we have many more inventions and more efficient methods of production today? What are his thoughts. I do not believe the author was incorrect about anything in this section.
No comments:
Post a Comment