Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 15 Reading Reflection

This weeks reading was extremely interesting to me.  It's always fascinating to read about cultures where some people can earn as little as $1.00 a day, and they still believe in themselves enough to invest in themselves.  I think that is extremely courageous and inspiring.  Some people in the United States make 30,000 a year and still do not believe it would be fiscally possible to make an investment of any kind, and instead they live paycheck to paycheck.  I think entrepreneurs and people around the world have a lot to learn from microfinancers and the customers of these companies. --That anything is possible.  If I were to ask the author a question, I would ask if there was time during this business where he contemplated giving the money to the people who threatened his business.  I would also ask him if he thinks his business would have still succeeded if he originally had given them the money.  Would people still respect the business? I was originally confused as to how micro financing worked, but after I read the article it was much more clear to me.  I do not think the author was wrong about anything in this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment