Sunday, April 17, 2016

Google Gold

My search engine optimization for my product has been kind of a failure.   My strategy has been to use words such as "safe," "practical," "efficient," "at-ease," "comforting," ect.  Unfortunately, many products go by "SafeCard" or some other form of my company name.  I have noticed that it is also quite popular to use the keywords I'm using for many other products and companies.  As far as social media goes, my blog has only had 539 views, which have mostly been from me.  My youtube videos have only had 3 to 11 views each, most likely from the people assigned to comment on my post.  Since I do not use twitter, it has been difficult for me to post about my blog to social media.  I think if I were to do this again, or seriously pursue the marketing of my company, I would make a twitter and Facebook page for the company and ask my social network to like it and share it.  I would also probably go for a different, more unique name, without such common words like "safe" and "card." My most viral most was my first elevator pitch, although that only reached 11 views.  In conclusion, I couldn't find my company on google using key words.. I was simply unsuccessful with my marketing and SEO techniques.  I am disappointed, but after taking this class I know that failure is 100% part of being an entrepreneur, and that from failure there is so much to learn and obviously so much room for improvement.  I know that if I develop another business or product in the future, that I will know what to avoid if I want the product to be successful.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Cassie!

    I totally understand your struggle. It sounds like we're in the same boat. I had around the same numbers as you all around. Honestly, I was more worried about finishing assignments correctly than getting the most views on my blog. Plus, I feel like this is more for personal growth through your business ideas rather than publicity, so I think you did a good job with that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cassie! I really enjoyed reading your blog! It was clear, analytical, and tasteful! My blog wasn't that successful either. I also have a twitter, but I barley go on it anymore and tweet. I am not the best with social media, but this class has taught me to use everything I can to make the best of something. Therefore, I will use twitter and be more involved with social media to advertise my ideas in life. Hopefully it will go a long way! Check out my blog, it is a good read! http://itsmyblogforentc3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete